Sunday, July 18, 2010

Updates

It's been a while - I know I promised a review, But I've been too busy, but I'll start reviewing soon.

Recently I got infected by a very nasty program called "alureon.h" It's a Trojan that watches data, opens adverts + popups, and downloads a LOT of other Malware. Only with a combination of TDSS Killer, Microsoft Security Essentials, Spybot Search & Destroy, and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware was I able to get rid of this.

1) Using TDSS killer to find the rootkit (the very hard-to-kill file that restores the program) and kill it

2) Updating Microsoft Security Essentials, I ran a scan and found multiple infections of the additional Malware downloaded by alureon.h

3) after that I ran rigorous scans of Malwarebytes, S&D, and MSE, and Malicious Software Removal Tool to finally flush out all remaining infection - and so far so good.

So far.

The problem of alureon.h is that it is a very hard virus to detect - Windows OneCare detected, but could not remove - I know of no major Anti-Virus that could do such, besides Microsoft Security Essentials.

If you are infected with this virus, try following those steps.


Anyway, Back to WC3

I've updated AYAR V PREVIEW constantly, check vsportal.tk and the forum for download.

No comments:

Post a Comment